By Zia Ul Aein
Formulation of a Social Media Marketing Strategy and Things to Consider Beforehand
Social media marketing can be a beneficial and successful path for your business, product or service to adopt. Proper planning and right formulation is very important otherwise every strategy can backfire and your objective of achieving the best marketing techniques can get hurt.
Before you formulate your social media marketing strategy, understand the state of online presence in which your organization is at the moment. The focus of this post is on the things which you should consider before the formulation of a SMM strategy.
Analyze Your Online Presence
- Keep a considerate eye on the statistics of your website. You should be aware of the total number of visitors on your website and their origin.
- Find out the amount of visitors which are directed to your website by the search engines.
- The number of links your website has with other sites.
- The activeness of your website in the target markets.
- Compare your strategies with the competitors and find out what they are doing better than you and what you are doing better than them.
- Find out if you already having a presence or reputation over social media sites or if you need to start from the very first step.
Know Your Target Audience
You should be aware of the:
- Interaction level of your audience (how do they interact with the businesses, products and services like yours).
- Keywords used by your audience to search for the products and services.
- Needs and interests of your target audience.
Turning Your SMM Strategy into a Successful One
- In case of an organization, you need to achieve commitment and dedication from your top management and especially marketing department so that you can attain the goals of your SMM strategy. Delivery of education and information would definitely be required in order to receive the maximum amount of commitment.
- Start from micro goals and slowly move on to the macro strategies. Assign the tasks of posting and distribution of the content to the correct department such marketing or communications.
- There are a number of social media marketing sites but you need to study all of them in order to identify the ones you need to focus the maximum amount of your attention on.
- Do not dream or create those goals which you cannot achieve right now, always go with measurable, achievable and best marketing techniques.
Great blog. Cheers for posting.
Simply a brief note to tell you I’ve appreciated your blog. Thank you for sharing, really unique information….