For many businesses the most challenging part is of marketing. I have seen so many professional business people making silly marketing mistakes. This happens not due to lack of knowledge but ignorance. Mismanagement of plans and things-to-do can lead to the destruction of a long term marketing plan that you have in your mind.
A long term marketing plan can never be achieved without creating a strong base of your marketing. I have outlined below some common marketing mistakes which many of the online marketers make. If you are interested in reading about the common mistakes which are made in traditional marketing, click here.
- Many online marketers simply forget to test the website they are marketing across various browsers and platforms. This is considered as one of the biggest mistake and hurdle in achieving the objective of best marketing techniques. You should or must do the same.
- Updating the design and content of your website is dead important. We notice so many websites regularly making changes to their design and content because it keeps the visitors and readers interested.
- Search Engine Optimization is not something in the form of a robot or an automatic process. You will have to implement it and take care of it with time otherwise it takes no time to lose the rankings.
- The main objective of writing content on your website is to target your audience therefore make an effective use of the keywords otherwise the content is useless.
- You will notice that most of the websites over the internet makes it very difficult to find their content information. It is out of my understanding that why they do so and this is also considered as an online marketing mistake. That is why, allow visitors to easily find your contact information, either in the form of a contact form or email.
- I understand that you want to earn money but you can only do that by allowing your site visitors to stay and feel comfortable. Keep unnecessary ads pop-ups away from your website. Do not blanket your website with advertisements all over.
- Using duplicate content is considered as a high unethical action by most of the search engines especially Google. Do not copy content from the websites of your competitors. Create your own unique and keyword rich content.
- It is very important that your clearly state everything about your business and its objective in the About Us page otherwise your visitors will find it difficult to know about the type of business you have or the service you are providing.
Posted By: Zia Ul Aein